From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: Angelo Arrifano <miknix@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Announcement of The G Palmtop Environment ebuilds
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 00:50:30
1 Angelo Arrifano wrote:
2 > On Qua, 2009-02-04 at 18:36 +0200, Petteri Räty wrote:
3 >> Angelo Arrifano wrote:
4 >>> # Copyright 2008 Gentoo Foundation
5 >>> # Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
6 >>> # $Header: $
7 >>> #
8 >>> # Authors:
9 >>> # Rene Wagner <rw@×××××××××.org>
10 >>> # Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
11 >>> # Angelo Arrifano <miknix@g.o>
12 >>>
13 >> Should use eclass-manpages syntax.
14 >
15 > Thanks, fixed on next revision
16 >>> # GPE ECLASS
17 >>> #GPECONF="" # extra configure opts passed to econf
18 >>> ELTCONF="" # extra options passed to elibtoolize
19 >>> DOCS="" # documentation files to be installed with dodoc
20 >>>
21 >> If other eclass that comes before in the inherit hierarchy and sets
22 >> DOCS, do we want to override it?
23 >
24 > Yes, we want. If we will make dodoc die by default like you proposed
25 > below, DOCS must be explicitly set by each ebuild sourcing any common
26 > DOC provided by the eclass.
27
28 This makes little sense to me. The checks there makes sure that DOCS is
29 non empty.
30
31 >>> [ -z "${GPE_MIRROR}" ] && export GPE_MIRROR="http://gpe.linuxtogo.org/download/source"
32 >>>
33 >>> [ -z "${GPE_TARBALL_SUFFIX}" ] && export GPE_TARBALL_SUFFIX="gz"
34 >>>
35 >> Is there a binary called that makes use of those two?
36 > Yes, some packages uses bz2 but most of them gz. Ebuilds fetching bz2
37 > from the default URI will use both.
40 If only the eclass/ebuilds use these variables, then there should not be
41 an export statement here.
44 > Stripping is problematic when cross-compiling. I'll do some more tests
45 > to figure out the best way. Although, we are doing this for a long time
46 > now and it works. IMHO, changing things in the last "hour" usually leads
47 > to breakage.
48
49 Stripping is removed in your src_unpack so that variable probably does
50 nothing.
51
52 Regards,
53 Petteri