From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Making systemd more accessible to "normal" users
Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 13:14:06
1 El mié, 01-05-2013 a las 13:00 +0200, Fabio Erculiani escribió:
2 [...]
3 > >> The only remaining problem is about eselect-sysvinit, for this reason,
4 > >> I am probably going to create a new separate pkg called
5 > >> _sysvinit-next_, that contains all the fun stuff many developers were
6 > >> not allowed to commit (besides my needs, there is also the need of
7 > >> splitting sysvinit due to the issues reported in [4]). I am sure that
8 > >> a masked alternative sysvinit ebuild won't hurt anybody and will make
9 > >> Gentoo a bit more fun to use.
10 > >>
11 > >
12 > > I am unable to find exact advantage of changing init system without
13 > > rebooting :/, what is the advantage of booting with an init.d and
14 > > shutting down with a different one?
15 >
16 > No, you don't boot with A and shutdown with B. B is loaded by the
17 > kernel at the next boot.
18 > Switching init system is the only way to roll out a migration path,
19 > among other things I already wrote about on the eselect-sysvinit bug.
22 Ah! OK, I misunderstood the "runtime" sense, in that case looks
23 interesting :D