From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] two new ebuild scripts
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 09:17:26
1 On Sun, Jun 10, 2001 at 12:39:56AM +0200, Alexander Paersch wrote:
2
3 > The second is aria a download manager. There was a problem with the name, the
4 > programer called his recent release aria-0.10.1test3, but this is not
5 > allowed. I renamed it to aria-0.10.1_pre3. The directory in the archiv is
6 > called ...test3, too. I repacked it and uploaded it to my webspace. Is there
7 > a better way to deal with such packages?
8
9 Thanks for the packages; yes, there is an easier way to deal with this problem.
10 Portage makes it easy to override the default values for $S:
11
12 S=${WORKDIR}/aria-0.10.1test3
13
14 ...and, you would also specify the real archive name in $SRC_URI:
15
16 SRC_URI="http://www.foo.bar.com/aria-0.10.1test3.tar.gz"
17
18 This way, the ebuild can be named "aria-0.10.1_pre3.ebuild" and everything
19 will work. BTW, naming the ebuild in the way you did is the right approach. :)
20
21 Best Regards,
24 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
25 President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org