From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: what happened to /etc/init.d/hal{d,daemon,whatever} script ?
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 20:40:05
1 Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > Branko Badrljica wrote:
3 >
4 >> Since I might not be the only tinkerer on Gentoo to try stuff like that
5 >> and since it took me a day to find this, maybe it wouldn't hurt to check
6 >> for this kind of thing in portage ?
7 >> At the very least failed cp should stop emerge...
12 > Well there isn't a single place to add die statements. The important
13 > thing is for ebuild developers to remember to add || die to all stuff
14 > that could potentially fail. If you find the cp in question that failed
15 > for you, the right place to file bugs is https://bugs.gentoo.org.
16 >
17 > Regards,
18 > Petteri
21 Looks like people have been truly over-zealous when removing "die"
22 statements from ebuilds lately. I've added back to HAL an assortment of
23 "die" statements.
24
25 I hope this hasn't happened in too many other ebuilds.