From: Luis Medinas <metalgod@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites for some CD/DVD-recording applications
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 22:51:08
1 On Sun, 2006-07-09 at 00:15 +0200, Lars Weiler wrote:
2 > * Ryan Tandy <tarpman@×××××.com> [06/07/08 15:07 -0700]:
3 > > Oh, I see - you don't care *what* you remove, you're just itching to remove
4 > > *something*! ;)
5 >
6 > Yes. Because I don't want to maintain that old crap any
7 > more. If metalgod wants to do it, I'm fine with that ;)
8 >
9 > And now let us move on and maintain more recent stuff.
10 > There are a lot of other packages laying around which need a
11 > version-bump...
12 >
13 I absolutly understand what Pylon means and he is right!
14 We don't want to maintain old stuff because it will cause lot's of
15 problems as you all know. But i still want to keep xcdroast in the tree
16 for now because it still works. It won't fully work because we will
17 remove -prodvd but we will try to patch it. Lot's of users still use
18 this application so my work is keep it for now. In a few months maybe we
19 will remove it.
22 Gentoo Linux Developer
23 http://dev.gentoo.org/~metalgod
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list