From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ARCH keywording for g-cpan?
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 15:53:10
1 Michael Cummings wrote: [Wed May 18 2005, 05:56:41AM EDT]
2 > Would you all prefer a bug with recommended tests for the new
3 > version? Do you all even care? :) Let me know, on list, off list,
4
5 For a project like this, where you wrote the code and you know there
6 shouldn't be cross-platform issues, I'd suggest marking stable on all
7 platforms. That is what I do for keychain.
8
9 If you choose that route, you make things easier for everybody, but
10 you also risk the wrath of arch teams if your evaluation turns out to
11 be wrong. For keychain it has never bitten me, but it's certainly
12 possible that someday I'll find a snippet of shell code that works
13 everywhere except SPARC. When that happens, I'll owe an apology (and
14 a change of behavior) to the SPARC team for marking stable without
15 testing on their platform.
16
17 If you find other arch teams opposed to this approach, then at least
18 I can tell you to go ahead and mark stable when you see fit for alpha
19 and ia64.
20
21 Regards,
22 Aron