From: foser <foser@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] proposed solution to arches/stable problem
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 21:42:43
1 On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 19:43 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 14:12:04 -0400 Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
3 > wrote:
4 > | Actually, that isn't true. It was established previously that the
5 > | order of keywords would indicate the order in which they were added to
6 > | an ebuild. This was agreed upon about a year ago (I recall that
7 > | drobbins took part in the discussion). Ekeyword adheres to that
8 > | established precedent, which means that presently there should be a
9 > | lot of ebuilds that contain the maintainer's arch first in the list.
10 >
11 > ..which would be fine if packages had a single consistent maintainer who
12 > used one single arch.
13
14 I think it's more something to use while in transition to a keywords
15 specific marker, which is more flexible. It's a reasonable rule to start
16 out with.
17
18 - foser