From: Ryan Hill <×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] CFLAGS paragraph for the GWN
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 22:35:56
Robin H. Johnson wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 30, 2006 at 03:48:53PM -0600, Ryan Hill wrote: >> Lionel Bouton wrote: >>> There are already good resources ( >>> was mentioned to me by robbat2) but they may not be advertised enough. >> Most of the info on that page is wrong. > The items on there that note breakages are reasonably correct. > -fvisibility=hidden and -ffast-math DO cause breakages. > > -ftree-loop-linear likewise is broken on GCC4.1 last I checked.
I thought he wanted flags that broke upgrading between GCC 3.4 and 4.1. tree-loop-linear wasn't in 3.4. If you want flags that just break stuff with 4.1 you can include -ftree-vectorize.
Like using CFLAGS not on the Safe CFLAGS page? ;) Monsieur Spanky wrote:
> no way will our documentation link to
It's not documentation, it's the GWN, which has linked to gentoo-wiki before. --de.

Subject Author
[gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] CFLAGS paragraph for the GWN Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] CFLAGS paragraph for the GWN "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>