From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] various ebuild problems
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 22:20:47
1 On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 11:24:22PM -0500, Jon Nelson wrote:
2 > > The purpose of USE variables is to define *what _optional_ build-time
3 > > functionality* you want enabled/disabled. Hope that helps.
4 >
5 > That is exactly my point. This instance is a perfect example.
6 > I do not have gnome in my USE variables. However, the current
7 > ebuild for galeon assumes I do, although it can be built without
8 > --with-gnome.
9 >
10 > Put another way, "gnome" in my USE variables should imply
11 > "--with-gnome" in the configure script, and no "gnome" in my USE
12 > variables ought to imply that "--with-gnome" is *not* in the configure,
13 > if the program can be built that way, of course, which galeon can.
14
15 Agreed.
18 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
19 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org