From: Stewart Honsberger <blkdeath@g.o>
To: Eric G Ortego <eric@×××××××××.org>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo ~arch testing policy?
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 08:22:05
1 Eric G Ortego wrote:
2 > How about gentoo-stats? Im not familiar with the project but maybe it
3 > could be used to correlate users using package x marked ~arch to to
4 > the number of bug reports on x and packages that depend on x ?
5
6 I'd love to see gentoo-stats revitalized, and if possible I'd lend a
7 hand to the best of my abilities. Unfortunately I've too much on my
8 plate to try to organize a new project, but I'm sure I can contribute
9 something, if even only stats reporting from a dozen different Gentoo boxes.
10
11 > When I have been using a package in my overlay successfully for some
12 > time, I could do a genlop -t package-name file a bug report then leave
13 > it to the devs, but the Im not sure how well that works as I have yet to
14 > see many|any of my reports cause a change in the portage tree.
15
16 I'm personally glad when (if) people submit "Works for me!" and
17 "Stable!" reports. It's better than the old "no news is good news"
18 approach to marking packages stable. If more users added a "WFM" comment
19 to new ebuild bugs it'd go a long way to keeping our arch profile on the
20 bleeding edge - safely. :>
23 Stewart Honsberger - http://blackdeath.snerk.org/
24 To teach is to learn twice.
25 -- Joseph Joubert