From: Jonathan Kelly <j0n@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] finished stage1 for alpha
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2002 05:08:23
1 I'd be happy to help. I've got a PC164LX and a PC164UX running debian at
2 the moment.
3
4 Cheers.
5 Jonathan.
6
7 On Sat, 07 Sep 2002 18:09:29 +0200
8 Bjoern Brauel <bjoern@××××××××××.de> wrote:
9
10 > I just completed a preliminary stage1 tarball for alpha . It runs fine
11 > in a chrooted environment and I can rsync and stuff. All basepackages
12 > required for the stage 1 appear to work now. I created several patches
13 > (gcc,binutils and glibc in paricular) on top of the available packages
14 > in portage that are required for alpha. Now the question I'd like to ask
15 >
16 > you guys about is how should I go ahead with this ? I already have a
17 > local portage mirror running in order to be able to quickly hack things
18 > like the profiles and ebuilds but Id really like to go ahead and give
19 > other people the chance to hack with this and maybe even commit to cvs
20 > (who is actually responsible for cvs accounts ?) Or would it be better
21 > to actually wait until I reached stage3 ?
22 > I already contacted the 2 guys that posted some time ago asking for
23 > instructions on alpha porting and Im in contact with at least of them
24 > (Michel Wilson). But I guess more people wouldn't hurt (in fact I think
25 > we'd need at least a couple of people to get gentoo for alpha into full
26 > swing), so if you own an alpha ......
27 >
28 > Anyway Id appreciate any help you can give me.
29 >
30 > cheers .. Bjoern
34 > gentoo-dev mailing list
35 > gentoo-dev@g.o