From: Bjoern Brauel <bjoern@××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] finished stage1 for alpha
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 11:09:35
1 I just completed a preliminary stage1 tarball for alpha . It runs fine
2 in a chrooted environment and I can rsync and stuff. All basepackages
3 required for the stage 1 appear to work now. I created several patches
4 (gcc,binutils and glibc in paricular) on top of the available packages
5 in portage that are required for alpha. Now the question I'd like to ask
6 you guys about is how should I go ahead with this ? I already have a
7 local portage mirror running in order to be able to quickly hack things
8 like the profiles and ebuilds but Id really like to go ahead and give
9 other people the chance to hack with this and maybe even commit to cvs
10 (who is actually responsible for cvs accounts ?) Or would it be better
11 to actually wait until I reached stage3 ?
12 I already contacted the 2 guys that posted some time ago asking for
13 instructions on alpha porting and Im in contact with at least of them
14 (Michel Wilson). But I guess more people wouldn't hurt (in fact I think
15 we'd need at least a couple of people to get gentoo for alpha into full
16 swing), so if you own an alpha ......
17
18 Anyway Id appreciate any help you can give me.
19
20 cheers .. Bjoern