From: Jason Wever <weeve@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Replacing fdisk with cfdisk in
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 19:55:45
1 On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 11:27:19 +0300
2 Svyatogor <svyatogor@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Hello!
5 >
6 > The new x86 Installation guide is featuring fdisk as a tool for
7 > partitioning hard drives. I think it's not a best choice and propose to
8 > replace it with cfdisk, which (AFAIK) is also on the installtion CDs. I
9 > filed a bug on this topic, where I listed all my arguments.
10 >
11 > Any comment is welcomed!
12
13 My vote would be for parted instead of either of these. fdisk can be
14 buggy to the point of being unusable on sparc where parted works with no
15 problems in the same scenario.
16
17 Granted it's got a funky syntax but it seems to do the right
18 thing, and plus it's got resizing support (though I don't recommend that
19 for the install guide).
20
21 My $0.02
24 Jason Wever