From: Don Seiler <rizzo@g.o>
To: Rainer Groesslinger <scandium@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Reducing the size of distfiles for our mirrors
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 13:37:21
1 My thoughts exactly. Also IIRC portage will go through the list of
2 sf.net mirrors in the same pre-determined order every time. Perhaps to
3 do some quasi-load-balancing we can have it randomly go through the
4 mirrors and/or allow the user to specify their preferred mirror in an
5 /etc/make.conf var like:
6
7 SOURCEFORGE_MIRROR=twtelecom
8
9 Perhaps this won't work but I thought I'd throw it out.
10
11 Don.
12