From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About what would be included in EAPI5
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 12:14:22
> I would like to know if there is some place where things going to be > included (or proposed to be included) for eapi5 are listed (if such > place exists). Currently, looks like there is no eapi5 tracker :-/
The PMS git repository has an eapi-5 development branch, and some parallel discussion took place in the gentoo-pms mailing list. So far we have: ╓──── ║ EAPI 5 is EAPI 4 with the following changes: ║ ║ • econf adds --disable-silent-rules. ║ • Slot operator dependencies. ║ • src_test supports parallel tests. ║ • USE is calculated differently. ║ • IMAGE is gone. ║ • REQUIRED_USE now supports ?? groups. ║ • apply_user_patches function, with src_prepare changes. ║ • EBUILD_PHASE_FUNC. ║ • find is guaranteed to be GNU. ║ • new* can read from standard input. ╙──── Ulrich