From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] What to do with GCC 4 related bugs?
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 20:52:04
1 Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò <flameeyes@g.o> said:
2 > On Monday 02 January 2006 09:01, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
3 > > I recently switched to GCC 4.0.2. A handful of packages didn't (re-)compile
4 > > during emerge -e system and emerge -e world. Is there a big GCC 4 related
5 > > bug in bugzilla where I can report those problems or should I write one
6 > > report for each package?
7 > Usually, one report for each package is the preferred way, as this allows to
8 > close the bugs already committed, and to dupe against existing if it's the
9 > case (always search for existing bugs of course).
10
11 Yea, one report per package please, its much easier.
12
13 > I'm wondering if a gcc4 tracker bug might help as Mark was planning to move it
14 > in ~arch.
15
16 Sounds like a good idea. I'll probably make one in a bit if someone doesn't
17 beat me to it.
20 Mark Loeser - Gentoo Developer (cpp gcc-porting toolchain x86)
21 email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org
22 mark AT halcy0n DOT com
23 web - http://dev.gentoo.org/~halcy0n/
24 http://www.halcy0n.com