From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Danny van Dyk <kugelfang@g.o>, wolf31o2@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: per-package default USE flags
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 00:46:08
1 On Sunday 15 October 2006 19:54, Danny van Dyk wrote:
2 > From my point of view as an architecture dev and releng member: Having
3 > all default USE-flags at one spot (per profile) _is_ easier to maintain.
4
5 these arent arch or profile specific issues ... these are maintainers
6 themselves being able to declare on a specific version basis if they want the
7 default for a certain flag to be enabled
8
9 > Ciaran has a point here: Default useflags have annoyed me in the past
10 > while building releases, and having to change several packages (and
11 > redigesting them) for the snapshot is way more
12
13 if you want to control the default for the profile you can still do it ...
14 nothing has changed
15
16 per-package IUSE defaults comes after everything else ... so if you want to
17 change the default in the profile, nothing is stopping you from doing exactly
18 that
19 -mike