From: Chris Smith <chris.rs@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC - apache start page.
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 22:28:22
1 On Wednesday 26 May 2004 00:47, foser wrote:
2 > Yeah and what is trivial to you may not be to others. This is exactly
3 > what i mean with adding flags for rare situations : there's always
4 > people not going to like a certain default choice, you can't possibly
5 > add USE flags for all situations.
6
7 Maybe Dev's (bool flamesuit = true;) should start commenting ebuilds more (yes
8 I realise it means longer sync time), but a few "comment this out if you
9 don't want foo" comments could probably go a long way if you don't want local
10 use flags.
11
12 I do not think that is an ideal solution. Local use flags are a hack but not
13 as much as editing an ebuild everytime you install the software! We want
14 people to have control over the built package, without compiling it
15 themselves. What is the easiest way to get this done?
16
17 Cheers
18 Chris.
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list