From: "Michael Sterrett -Mr. Bones.-" <msterret@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Proposal for cleaning portage a bit (themes and other eyecandy stuff)
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 06:13:41
1 That wastes space. Why would you want to install a theme several times
2 for each user when you can just install it once and have everyone use it?
3
4 Michael Sterrett
5 -Mr. Bones.-
6 mr_bones_@g.o
9 On Mon, 21 Aug 2006, Jose Alberto Suarez Lopez wrote:
10
11 > I have another proposal... remove all themes from portage. We only need ebuild og gtk-engines and similar. Themes don't need a build system or are complex to install. Any user can go to www.X-theme.org watch the screenshot, download the theme and install it.
12 > We must mantain ebuild of themes that need a build system or complex operations (again gtk-engines).
13 >
14 > I did it some similar with ebook-ebuilds. I removed all ebook-ebuild from portage and create an user script to download and install them.
15 >
16 > Regards
17 >
18 > On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 17:12:24 +0200