From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: News item: m68k, s390, and sh are dropping stable keywords
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 13:22:44
1 On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 3:18 PM, Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o> wrote:
2 >> That's a thing that was never quite clear to me. Should there be
3 >> a one-to-one correspondence between an arch marked stable in
4 >> profiles.desc (i.e. having at least one profile labelled as stable
5 >> there) and the same arch having stable keywords?
6 >
7 > In my opinion the two need not be linked. To me "profile stability" refers
8 > to the status of the profile, nothing to do with keywords.
9 >
10 > If an arch team does not want to maintain stable keywords, but wants to
11 > indicate that a particular profile is stable, why should we try to stop
12 > them?
13
14 What does eshowkw use to determine what arches should be displayed?
15
16 Cheers,
17
18 Dirkjan