From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: News item: m68k, s390, and sh are dropping stable keywords
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 13:18:38
1 On 23/09/2013 22:52, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 >>>>>> On Mon, 23 Sep 2013, Samuli Suominen wrote:
3 >
4 >> Because I've seen some commits today for reverting the mentioned
5 >> KEYWORDS to ~arch in some ebuilds I'm not sure if everyone is aware that
6 >> the arch status is set using profiles/profiles.desc and as I'm writing
7 >> this, the mentioned arches are still 'stable', not 'dev'
8 >> No matter what the news item or whatever says, only profiles.desc counts
9 >
10 > That's a thing that was never quite clear to me. Should there be
11 > a one-to-one correspondence between an arch marked stable in
12 > profiles.desc (i.e. having at least one profile labelled as stable
13 > there) and the same arch having stable keywords?
14 In my opinion the two need not be linked. To me "profile stability"
15 refers to the status of the profile, nothing to do with keywords.
16
17 If an arch team does not want to maintain stable keywords, but wants to
18 indicate that a particular profile is stable, why should we try to stop
19 them?