From: Tres Melton <tres@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: GLEP 42 "Critical News Reporting" Round Two
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 11:55:45
1 On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 10:03 +0100, Grobian wrote:
2 > On 10-11-2005 20:55:37 +0000, Stuart Herbert wrote:
5 > I am just in the opinion that we lack a system where users can find the
6 > information they need. That would help a certain type of users,
7 > absolutely not all of them. So yes, after that, this problem needs
8 > solving, perhaps. Personalisation using portage is a sweet thing!
9 > Here comes the point where I can express my doubt about the 100%. There
10 > are unfortunately users who are too hard to help, if you get what I
11 > mean.
12 >
13 I think putting the information in front of the users eyes is all that
14 can be asked. If they choose to ignore it there is nothing that we can
15 do. This proposal will accomplish that and at that point we can tell
16 Ciaran "Goob Job". Same for the config updates that you mentioned
17 above.
18
19 > --
20 > Fabian Groffen
21 > Gentoo for Mac OS X Project -- Interim Lead
22 --
23 Tres Melton
24 IRC & Gentoo: RiverRat