From: James Cloos <cloos@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: "Jason A. Donenfeld" <zx2c4@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Should we allow picture files in the Portage tree?
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2014 20:14:13
1 >>>>> "JAD" == Jason A Donenfeld <zx2c4@g.o> writes:
2
3 UM>> Should we allow pictures if the image file format is a text file?
4
5 JAD> I think we should not. Even if you can open it in a text editor,
6 JAD> you can't "read" it or interact with it in the same way that you
7 JAD> can a text-based patch.
8
9 That's not true for xbm and xpm files; those are valid C programs and
10 are completely readable. And editable.
11
12 The gentoo.logo file from app-misc/linux-logo is also easily read and edited.
13
14 Diff(5)s also work well, so their cvs and git history is usable.
15
16 -JimC
17 --
18 James Cloos <cloos@×××××××.com> OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6