From: Sam James <sam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Deprecating repoman
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 22:04:27
1 > On 10 Mar 2022, at 21:57, Joshua Kinard <kumba@g.o> wrote:
2 >>
3 >> I'd be interested in hearing your workflow, so we can capture it in
4 >> the table (mentioned earlier) so its clear how your existing workflow
5 >> will work with the new tools (or perhaps there is a gap, or we need to
6 >> craft / add additional tools?) I agree on the face it may not be
7 >> obvious what workflows look like.
8 >
9 > My workflow is really rather standard when working in the tree itself. I
10 > work one package directory at a time, apply changes that I've tested outside
11 > of the tree in my local repo, eyeball everything a second time to make sure
12 > I didn't miss something, regenerate the manifest, git add, run 'repoman full
13 > -d -x', fix any issues it finds (if any) and manifest/git add again, then
14 > 'repoman commit' and supply a commit message with sign-off. Lather, rinse,
15 > repeat for other packages.
18 Having the same checks applied as in CI (which affects whether changes
19 are deployed to users too) is important. pkgcheck has more checks than repoman.