From: Deedra Waters <dmwaters@g.o>
To: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The Gentoo Developer Handbook - Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 23:47:01
1 On Mon, 19 Jul 2004, Grant Goodyear wrote:
2
3 > Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 18:19:46 -0400
4 > From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
5 > To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
6 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The Gentoo Developer Handbook - Quis custodiet
7 > ipsos custodes?
8 >
9 > Ciaran McCreesh wrote: [Mon Jul 19 2004, 02:20:24PM EDT]
10 >
11 > > * The ability to decide to change the mentor for a new developer without
12 > > even bothering to tell the original mentor, let alone providing a reason
13 > > to the people involved.
14 >
15 > I don't see anything about mentoring in the policy guide, although I
16 > agree that it would be nice to have something in there. That said, if
17 > this behavior has happened in the past, then I think something went
18 > drastically awry. Please, when something like this happens, either
19 > e-mail devrel@g.o or ombudsman@g.o. We can't fix problems
20 > when we don't know about them.
23 There was only one case where a mentor was changed on a new dev. In this case, the mentor was talked to before hand, and told that this would likely be the case, and why.
24
25 If there were any others outside of this one, then I did not know it had happened.
26
27 I did not think that a policy reguarding this would need to be written, because it had only happened once, but maybe I was wrong..
28
29 > Best,
30 > g2boojum
34 Deedra Waters - Gentoo developer relations, accessibility and infrastructure -
35 dmwaters@g.o
36 Gentoo linux: http://www.gentoo.org
40 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list