From: Tom Wesley <tom@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Keywording, for the umpteenth time
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 21:58:10
1 On Fri, 2005-05-20 at 22:22 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > Not gonna happen. Emulators don't cut it and won't find all the problems
3 > (but they will find a load of other bogus non-issues). Plus, from
4 > experience I'd say that at least half our devs wouldn't have a clue
5 > where to start when doing arch testing...
6
7 Add this HOWTO arch test to your developer docs. Very nice by the way.
8
9 > Then there's the issue of most alt-archs having far higher QA standards
10 > than x86 anyway, and us not wanting to sink to what x86 considers
11 > acceptable for marking stable.
12 >
13 > From experience -- the current policy as it is now *works*, so long as
14 > everyone follows it.
15
16 And as long as ciaranm, or someone from a non x86 arch bitches once a
17 month here.
20 Tom Wesley <tom@×××××.org>