From: Chad Huneycutt <chad.huneycutt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] building problems [continued...]
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 08:04:08
1 Tibor Rudas wrote:
2
3 >Using build-ix86-1.0_rc6-r4.tbz2 and portage-20010827.tar.bz2
4 >I could complete the bootstrap but emerge system first stopped
5 >on building diffutils complaining about makeinfo missing.
6 >After manually emerging texinfo I could resume emerge system
7 >but it stops again with netkit-telnet:
8 >make[1]: g++: command not found.
9 >
10 I sent an e-mail in the past week that explains how to setup a system
11 with the build image. Please look at that. The answer to your problem
12 is that you have to export your USE before bootstrapping
15 >Is there a better way to get gentoo on a CD-less machine
16 >(are there gentoo boot-floppies? Maybe the problem arises
17 >from the fact that I'm chrooting from a different system)?
18 >Or am I doing something seriously wrong?
19 >
20 The only thing you are doing wrong is trying to install a pre-release
21 version of an rc. All of the problems you mention are ones that we have
22 encountered (and fixed) in the process of getting this image ready.
23
24 Chad (chadh)