From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: Tim Harder <radhermit@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] collab herd for cooperative pkg maintenance
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 07:42:09
1 On Mon, 23 Mar 2015 13:22:25 -0400
2 Tim Harder <radhermit@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Hey all,
5 >
6 > Having been around for a few years I've inherited or added quite a few
7 > pkgs to the tree that I wouldn't mind other people fixing/bumping/etc
8 > that don't fall into any current herds.
9 >
10 > With that in mind, I think it would be an interesting experiment if we
11 > had a collaborative herd (probably named "collab") that signals the
12 > status that anyone is generally free to fix, bump, or do sane things
13 > to the pkgs with the caveat that you fix what you break.
14 >
15 > Anyone else interested in such a setup?
16
17 sounds like nmu is what you want:
18
19 https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/message/604102ed1392afd3bfe35bfb33da8796