From: Luke Maurer <maurerl@××××××××.edu>
To: Rigo Ketelings <rigo@××××.nl>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] When is Gentoo 1.4 going to be released?
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 09:49:30
1 > > Erm, no, the answer more resembled: "F*** you, we'll give it to you when
2 > > we feel like it, quit asking, it doesn't matter anyway, leave us alone."
3 >
4 > Did you really hear that on this mailinglist ? I thought I've read the same
5 > mail as you, but heared more something like this: "+/- 1400 bugs to go,
6 > please come join us at http://bugs.gentoo.org, contribution matters, come
7 > join us".
8
9 Whoops, you're right; I should have mentioned it was on the forums, not
10 this list ...
11
12 > How more open can it be ? Do all people really have to be friendly to
13 > you/users all the time, even when they ask for the most obvious ? Does it
14 > really matter if you tell them you're sick of waiting once more ? Guess
15 > not...Shouldn't matter, and it doesn't, so shut up or start contributing, no
16 > flame intended!
17
18 My issue isn't just about tactfulness; "F*** you, we're still working on
19 X, Y, and Z" would have been great. But they refuse to give any details
20 on the hold-up. Most people couldn't help out if they wanted to, simply
21 because no-one knows what's keeping the release back. This standoffish
22 attitude (again, not on this list) toward the community is what
23 threatens the "open" status.
24
25 Jyrinx