From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] manpages that requires dependencies
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 16:30:50
1 On Sun, Nov 27, 2005 at 11:12:32AM -0500, Ned Ludd wrote:
2 > On Mon, 2005-11-28 at 00:48 +0900, Jason Stubbs wrote:
3 > > On Monday 28 November 2005 00:05, Jason Stubbs wrote:
4 > > > 3) FEATURES="noman" is dropped in favour of USE="man" or USE="manpages"
5 > > >
6 > > > In light of the above requirements and the fact that dyn_* will likely be
7 > > > moved into the tree down the track, #3 seems to be the best in my mind.
8 > > > Similarly, it would solve the previously discussed problems related to
9 > > > FEATURES="test".
10
11 this seems like the best idea imo too ...
12
13 > > I'd be very interested in people's thoughts on this. The more I think about
14 > > it, the more I think it's the most appropriate solution. Nothing in
15 > > FEATURES="noman nodoc noinfo test" affects portage whatsoever other than
16 > > "noinfo" which (only recently) prevents emerge from regenerating info
17 > > indexes. That one could be handled by a hook (although not yet available) and
18 > > the rest could easily be switched to USE flags.
19 >
20 > USE=(man|info|doc) wont quite work.
21 > While they could have an advantage that you can use them to control
22 > depend strings the doc use flag has already been heavily used for other
23 > things which everybody surely wont want.
24
25 i dont see what USE=doc has to do with this ? doc should never be used
26 to control manpages in ebuilds now ...
27 -mike
28 --
29 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list