From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] bash-3.1 stable
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 13:08:02
1 On 2 April 2013 13:48, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 8:37 AM, Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o> wrote:
3 >> but what's the problem with keeping it and not breaking older
4 >> upgrade paths?
7 > This whole discussion seems a bit academic. Somebody pointed out that
8 > we have a version of bash we might not need any longer. If by some
9 > miracle the bash maintainers weren't already aware of it, they are
10 > now. If they want to keep it around for some reason, who cares?
11 >
12 > There is enough bikeshedding when it comes to treecleaning the
13 > packages that aren't being maintained. I don't think we need to
14 > debate the merits of the packages that are.
15 >
16 > Rich
19 I couldn't agree more. It is getting really annoying having to debate
20 package removals every other day.
23 Regards,
24 Markos Chandras - Gentoo Linux Developer
25 http://dev.gentoo.org/~hwoarang