From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in net-print/cups: ChangeLog cups-1.3.4-r1.ebuild cups-1.3.4.ebuild
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 14:03:08
1 Ciaran McCreesh schrieb:
2 > On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 13:56:31 +0100
3 > "Denis Dupeyron" <calchan@g.o> wrote:
4 >> On Nov 9, 2007 11:28 AM, Ciaran McCreesh
5 >> <ciaran.mccreesh@×××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
6 >>> Looks like it's a silly hack
7 >> [...]
8 >>> Which is rather perverse
9 >> Whoever it was, whatever it was, nobody deserves to have his/her work
10 >> to be qualified this way. All of us (including you) would benefit of a
11 >> more neutral language. Although not totally offensive, you're walking
12 >> a fine line here. Please make sure this little quirk of yours doesn't
13 >> bite us (that includes you again) anymore.
14 >
15 > I'm guessing you're not a native English speaker. Please leave such
16 > commentaries to those who are, since your misunderstandings are only
17 > going to cause offence where none previously existed.
20 Gentoo is a worldwide project, so i guess many of the contributors are
21 not native speakers. See the gentoo-devs all over the world [1] as an
22 example. Okay english is the common language here, but is it that
23 difficult to articulate in a way that everybody can understand and not
24 to use words which could easily be misunderstood.
25
26 Lucky you are that your native language is one of the world's most
27 widely spoken languages. Imagine to express yourself in a language you
28 are not familiar with!
29
30 I hope everybody can understand this, as i am not a _native speaker_ too!
31
32 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/roll-call/devmap.xml?
33 --
34 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list