From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Should we allow picture files in the Portage tree?
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 15:27:43
1 On 02/13/2014 10:24 AM, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
2 > On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 4:12 PM, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
3 >> Should we allow pictures if the image file format is a text file?
4 > I think we should not. Even if you can open it in a text editor, you
5 > can't "read" it or interact with it in the same way that you can a
6 > text-based patch. For that reason, big size or small size, it still in
7 > essence falls under the 'binary file' criteria and thus should not be
8 > permitted.
9 >
10 1) You can interact with svg files with a text editor if you know what
11 you are doing. 2) You want your vcs to show the diff in that file and
12 you can make sense of that diff.
15 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
16 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
17 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
18 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
19 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA