From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: pr@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] .la files removal news item (GLEP 42)
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 15:14:24
1 2010/10/1 Tomáš Chvátal <scarabeus@g.o>:
2 > Hi lads,
3 > due to recent situation about .la files status we would like to inform
4 > users about this situation. See attached file that we propose to be
5 > included as news item.
6 >
7 > Step 2 will be finding global policy how to get rid of them as fast as
8 > possible  without too much more hassle for our users :)
11 Does lafilefixer fix binpkgs now? As well as the vdb manifests for the
12 files? If it doesn't, I strongly object to having it as an official
13 recommendation. A surprisingly large no. of people (at least on
14 bugzilla) have FEATURES=buildpkg .
17 ~Nirbheek Chauhan
18
19 Gentoo GNOME+Mozilla Team