From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Make the "policykit" USE flag global
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 00:42:44
1 Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o> posted
2 1237503483.7654.1.camel@keitaro, excerpted below, on Thu, 19 Mar 2009
3 23:58:03 +0100:
4
5 > could you report a bug ? I've been discussing with diego about issues
6 > with where pam_ck_connector is placed in our pam stack having someone
7 > with a real problem with how things are today would probably help to
8 > iron out this once and for all. Also you might want to try
9 > consolekit-0.3 (and especially read the elog messages).
10
11 Umm... not really. I think I got the name wrong (I did say "or whatever
12 it was called). I was thinking earlier, pam-console maybe?
13
14 It's quite evident I'm rather confused by this consolekit stuff. It
15 became a requirement for xorg somewhere along the line and I have it
16 installed (the 0.3.0 version you mention), but I've not touched the
17 configuration at all as I haven't the foggiest, except that I know that
18 despite starting it as a service, xorg still complains about it in that
19 brief half-second or so before it switches to the X VT... and it's
20 scrolled out of the buffer by the usual assortment of KDE complaints long
21 before I get back to it, and doesn't appear in the xorg log. Despite the
22 complaint, X still works, certainly the reason I've not spent more time
23 on it.
24
25 There's probably some documentation about it somewhere, but while I make
26 it a point to read the elog messages, either I've a blind spot in that
27 regard (entirely possible), or there's been nothing pointing out what
28 it's all about.
29
30 I feel like this is a bit of an abuse of the devel list for user
31 issues... anyway, feel free to mail me directly or take it to the
32 desktop list, which is somewhat topical at least. Or just point me to
33 some documentation, and I'll shut up and read it and post any questions
34 to the desktop list or whatever when I'm done.
35
36 But bringing it back to development and thus on topic, if I'm missing the
37 documentation, I'm sure others are as well. Maybe that's what I should
38 file a bug on? As should be evident by now, I'm rather confused on the
39 topic... but I guess having it so publicly demonstrated keeps me humble.
40 =:^) But if I'm confused and I spend quite some time on trying to keep
41 up with such things, what about the poor user that doesn't have that time
42 to spend?
47 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman