From: Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Make the "policykit" USE flag global
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 22:58:08
1 Le jeudi 19 mars 2009 à 20:55 +0000, Duncan a écrit :
2 > Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o> posted
3 > eafa4c130903191112t50cef619l1a2eeb8c45898e7b@××××××××××.com, excerpted
4 > below, on Thu, 19 Mar 2009 13:12:15 -0500:
5 >
6 > > Unless someone has some better ideas for a reasonable default. (IMHO,
7 > > removing all of PolicyKit is a reasonable default but it looks like
8 > > going forward GNOME is just using it without really any documentation or
9 > > any forethought into the real world implications of PolicyKit and the
10 > > inherent support/issues with ConsoleKit)
11 >
12 > Just asking, can the following be made to avoid #4 in the following
13 > sequence with policykit, now? It used to be a terrible issue with
14 > consolekit or whatever it was called. Or is that still one of the
15 > problems?
16 >
17 > 1. Boot to a VT.
18 > 2. Login at VT.
19 > 3. startx by sourcing a script that logs out of the VT after the startx,
20 > as that login is now unneeded.
21 > 4. Have sound and various other device permissions break as there's no
22 > active login, despite X and all its apps otherwise running normally.
25 could you report a bug ? I've been discussing with diego about issues
26 with where pam_ck_connector is placed in our pam stack having someone
27 with a real problem with how things are today would probably help to
28 iron out this once and for all. Also you might want to try
29 consolekit-0.3 (and especially read the elog messages).
32 Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
33 Gentoo