From: Matthias Maier <tamiko@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE=desktop-file request
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2016 21:59:27
1 > I'd have to check but I suspect that portage hangs onto build-time
2 > dependencies by default, probably so that you're not uninstalling them
3 > and reinstalling them anytime you do anything. Strictly speaking,
4 > however, it would be safe to depclean anything that is only a
5 > build-time dependency (with the understanding that you're going to be
6 > rebuilding it every time it is needed).
7
8 This behavior is controlled by the --with-bdeps=<y|n> option.
9
10 Best,
11 Matthias