From: Christian Faulhammer <opfer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: That time again...
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 18:33:03
1 Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>:
2 > and some tweaks. Any other cool updates in the last few weeks? (it's
3 > been 20 days since the last time I started this thread - at this
4 > rate, we might make enough input to make Chris' job on the gwn
5 > easier).
6
7 You are declared official Project Status Report Gathering Manager.
8
9 Emacs team has taken over the Overlay ebuilds to the normal Portage
10 tree, keywording is going on (pokes Jokey again), no bugs reported by
11 users, but we hunted some down ourselves.
12 Now we (mainly Ulrich) are tracking down issues where a Emacs package
13 is loaded on every startup of Emacs. This makes Emacs slower, while
14 there is a mechanism to load the package when it is really needed. So
15 this drips into the tree slowly but will improve overall performance,
16 as we are filing stabilisation bugs to get rid of really old packages.
17 Our activities can be tracked in our Overlay Wiki [1].
18
19 Another front has been opened with sorting Emacs team as a subproject
20 under Lisp. We (hkBst, joslwah, graaff, ulm and myself) are now tied
21 together [2] while all incarnations of Emacs (GNU Emacs, XEmacs) are
22 bundled in the Emacs project. People looking for support on Scheme,
23 Common Lisp, Elisp or (X)Emacs, may also have a look at the exisiting
24 #gentoo-lisp channel.
25
26 And on Saturday I will fly to the US (Sacramento to be more exact), but
27 I don't think I will have time to meet any of you as it is a two week
28 family visit with some rituals done by a Jewish sect (they call
29 themselves catholic Christians). Anyway, if anybody urges to meet me
30 (and is near), drop a line.
31
32 V-Li
33