From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The release of 1.4 and its impact on our mirrors
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 21:04:08
1 On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 02:40:39PM +0600 or thereabouts, Alvaro Figueroa Cabezas wrote:
2 > Using jigdo instead of distributing the ISOs.
3
4 I like the idea of jigdo and think it's a great idea for saving bandwidth,
5 but I don't necessarily see how this will save disk space, which is our
6 primary issue right now.
7
8 Take GRP stuff, for instance -- we're releasing multiple sets, optimized
9 for each architecture. So the binary for KDE on P4 is not the same as the
10 binary for KDE on Athlon XP -- two separate copies need to exist.
11
12 --kurt