From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] fixing dev-libs/icu c++11 bustage, testers wanted
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 05:14:41
1 On 11/14/12 9:09 PM, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
2 > On 14/11/2012 21:02, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." wrote:
3 >> My _limited_ testing seems to indicate it's "working". But if you
4 >> people can just do your tests, that would be most welcome. Please
5 >> report back either success or failure.
6 >
7 > What kind of testing are you thinking of? Execution or build?
8
9 Build. But also possibly the upgrade paths, e.g. make sure the ABI is
10 not changed on gcc upgrade to 4.7 and similar cases (well actually ABI
11 change with an SONAME change is fine; it's mostly changing ABI without
12 changing SONAME which is a very bad thing).
13
14 > And I assume this is still under the idea that C++11 support is kept
15 > _disabled_ for now.
16
17 -r1 disables C++11 completely, while -r2 just allows reverse
18 dependencies of icu not to support C++11, while possibly making icu use
19 C++11 features internally (I was asked by an upstream icu developer to
20 test that; if this still causes problems, we should report them to him).
21
22 > Anyway I'll run an icu tinderbox soon as the current one is done
23 > (libav-9).
24
25 Sounds good!