From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] fixing dev-libs/icu c++11 bustage, testers wanted
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 05:26:50
1 On 15/11/2012 21:13, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." wrote:
2 > -r1 disables C++11 completely, while -r2 just allows reverse
3 > dependencies of icu not to support C++11, while possibly making icu use
4 > C++11 features internally (I was asked by an upstream icu developer to
5 > test that; if this still causes problems, we should report them to him).
6
7 That's extremely fishy because it means that you have to execute to be
8 sure that the symbols don't collide. As far as I know, if you build
9 something with C++11, you can't link it to C++98, but Ryan probably
10 knows this a bit better.
11
12 >> > Anyway I'll run an icu tinderbox soon as the current one is done
13 >> > (libav-9).
14 > Sounds good!
15
16 It's setting up... it takes a while because something was bringing in 49
17 even though the tinderbox has 50 unmasked... that's never good.
20 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
21 flameeyes@×××××××××.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/