From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: "Thomas D." <whissi@××××××.de>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Figuring out the solution to in-network-sandbox distcc
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 16:53:53
1 Dnia 2015-01-25, o godz. 16:44:20
2 "Thomas D." <whissi@××××××.de> napisał(a):
3
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > Michał Górny wrote:
7 > > I see two generic approaches possible here:
8 > >
9 > > 1. proxying distcc from within the build environment, or
10 > >
11 > > 2. moving distcc-spawned processes back to parent's namespace.
14 > > distcc client/server solution
15 > > -----------------------------
16 > >
17 > > The most obvious solution to me is to employ a client/server model
18 > > where a system-wide daemon is running, parsing /etc/distcc/hosts
19 > > and doing all the network activity.
20 > >
22 >
23 > It is not only distcc. Please don't forget things like sys-devel/icecream.
24
25 I care for what I use. If people want their icecreams, they have to
26 write a patch themselves :).
29 Best regards,
30 Michał Górny