From: "Thomas D." <whissi@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] Figuring out the solution to in-network-sandbox distcc
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 15:44:30
1 Hi,
2
3 Michał Górny wrote:
4 > I see two generic approaches possible here:
5 >
6 > 1. proxying distcc from within the build environment, or
7 >
8 > 2. moving distcc-spawned processes back to parent's namespace.
11 > distcc client/server solution
13 >
14 > The most obvious solution to me is to employ a client/server model
15 > where a system-wide daemon is running, parsing /etc/distcc/hosts
16 > and doing all the network activity.
17 >
19
20 It is not only distcc. Please don't forget things like sys-devel/icecream.
23 -Thomas