From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Decision to remove stage1/2 from installation documentation
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 15:52:35
1 On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 10:38:34AM -0500, Stephen P. Becker wrote:
2 > >I don't care what you do with the docs, but the stages 1, 3 need to
3 > >stay. stage2 has always been a bonus stage more or less added into the
4 > >mix cuz it's a byproduct of stage building (pre catalyst days).
5 >
6 > I don't think anyone has implied that we're not going to distribute
7 > stage1 anymore. They are still useful for folks that know what they are
8 > doing.
9
10 i was under the impression we were merely changing our docs and that
11 we were going to continue to mirror stage1 and stage2 files
12
13 this i am OK with
14 -mike
15 --