From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Useflags: qt, qt3, qt4?
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 01:24:55
1 On Wednesday 21 June 2006 03:06, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > I never said you didn't. And there's no need to bring in completely
3 > offtopic points here, we're trying to have a discussion about qt.
4 I am talking about qt. Maybe I wasn't clear enough, I was thinking of KDE
5 users, that are, casually, the main users of Qt-related stuff.
6
7 In this particular issue, KDE (3) users are the main part, they need poppler
8 and other stuff built for Qt 3. There are still just a few packages that
9 relies on Qt 4 right now.
10
11 Still, I'm not for the idea of just putting qt to mean Qt 3 and discard Qt 4
12 until it's "the chosen one", not only for a compatibility reason with
13 migration from older version, but also because we do have people using gentoo
14 for KDE 4 development (I happen to know a few of them), and they need Qt 4
15 support.
16
17 I want to save both of them, asking a little bit more work for the developers,
18 as they usually know what to do, rather than for users, which might as well
19 be half clueless.
20
21 Did I explain this long enough, or should I demonstrate again that I don't say
22 stuff just because I have a mail client and a GPG signature?
25 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
26 Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE