From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: bazaar@g.o, robbat2@g.o, arfrever@g.o, sping@g.o, nelchael@××××××.ort, cvs-utils@g.o, ricmm@g.o, gregkh@g.o, haskell@g.o, dev-tools@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: New category for version control
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 09:28:30
1 On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 10:07, Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o> wrote:
2 > as dev-util is really crowded, maybe splitting off a category for
3 > source code management systems would be a good idea.  They are more
4 > important today than some years ago.
5 >  Are any of you against such a split? My proposal would be to call it
6 > dev-scm and put all version controls, direct frontends, plugins and the
7 > like into that.  Diffing tools or programs that only have some kind of
8 > binding to a scm should stay in dev-util.
9
10 I don't know that they're more important, but there are much more of
11 them, more people using them, and more tools. Great idea, +1 from me.
12
13 Cheers,
14
15 Dirkjan