From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A few modest suggestions regarding tree size
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 22:41:19
1 On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 15:29, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 15:29:13 -0700 Jason Rhinelander
3 > <jason@××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 > | PLEASE be more scientific than "I think it's like 25%". Let's get it
5 > | straight just how much we're talking about, before throwing out things
6 >
7 > Well, if you want to get the numbers that I did, do your measurements
8 > against the ebuilds, not the entire tree. It gives better numbers that
9 > way :)
10
11 Actually, that's a good idea. Instead of dealing with unknowns, subtract
12 the knowns. *.ebuild, metadata.xml, digest*, ChangeLog, Manifest,
13 profiles/, etc. You can figure out how much stuff is actually floating
14 around the tree rather than how much is nicely named *.patch or *.diff.
15 --
16 Donnie Berkholz
17 Gentoo Linux
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list