From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: Chris Bainbridge <C.J.Bainbridge@×××××.uk>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Why should copyright assignment be a requirement?
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 11:20:20
1 On Thu, 2003-08-21 at 06:14, Chris Bainbridge wrote:
2 > I am unclear how copyright assignment is being done at the moment? I have
3 > never been asked to assign copyright for any contributed ebuilds, and I have
4 > never signed a contract with GTI, as far as I am concerned I still have
5 > copyright on those GPL ebuilds.
6
7 As I see it, if you only had a Copyright GTI in your header, then you
8 gave up your copyright. In fact, I have done this myself on quite a few
9 ebuilds I submitted before becoming a developer. If this is incorrect,
10 please set me straight, but I believe that would be why you have no been
11 contacted.
14 Chris Gianelloni
15 Developer, Gentoo Linux