From: Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] You currently cannot smoothly upgrade a 4 months old Gentoo system
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2021 16:52:08
1 On 2021-11-03 17:44, John Helmert III wrote:
2 >> | Upgrade path for old systems
3 >> | ----------------------------
4 >> | Vote (unanimous): The ebuild tree must provide an upgrade path to a
5 >> | stable system that hasn't been updated for one year.
6 > Does "upgrade path" imply a simple world upgrade is all that should be
7 > necessary to upgrade the system? I wouldn't interpret it this way.
8
9 Could you please share your interpretation? I wonder how you can agree
10 on an upgrade path but still require manually hacking to get a system
11 up-to-date. That is basically the definition of "upgrade path"...
15 Regards,
16 Thomas Deutschmann / Gentoo Linux Developer
17 fpr: C4DD 695F A713 8F24 2AA1 5638 5849 7EE5 1D5D 74A5

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature