From: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A few questions to our nominees
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2008 10:59:30
1 On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 12:45 PM, Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o> wrote:
2 > Before the flames start lets consider the Package Manager Specification
3 > (PMS) as an example. For this (very black and white) illustration,
4 > forget the council discussions to date and imagine that representatives
5 > of all three package managers went to council and said in unison
6 > "We have agreed this specification".
7 > Are council really going to start picking holes in it and say no?
8
9 The council being our global technical lead, I can't see why they
10 wouldn't be allowed to reject an agreed package manager specification
11 or parts of it. If not, why bother electing them at all ? Not that I
12 think that would be a smart move, but that's a different discussion.
13
14 Denis.
15 --
16 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list